Thursday, August 25, 2011
Things I've learned while gardening....
It's been a big first year of gardening. We'd always had a yard, but this year we made an effort to grow more food, to grow more from seeds and to really push to expand on what we have. Here are a few things I've learned.
1. Plants need water
2. No amount of "extra" water can make up for not watering for a week
3. When your hose breaks and you decided to cut off the damaged portion, turn the water off first
and while I'm on the subject of hoses
4. Do not attempt to look down the nozzle of your hose to see why water is not coming out. Water will begin coming out right then!
5. If you don't try, you can never succeed
6. There will be successes and failures, so get rid of the evidence of failures post haste!
I'm pouring over my extensive gardening notes, drawing out designs for a vegetable garden expansion and searching the net for a bee keeping course this weekend. What garden projects are you planning?