Spring, probably not what's on your mind in Januray, but it should be. Before you know it the time will be here to start planting seeds and even some plants. In fact, we start here in February with our seed starts. Here are a few things you might be thinking about this month....
1. Ordering seeds from your favorite catalog
2. Spreading your finished compost over future garden beds
3. Oiling and sharpening existing tools
4. Attending classes in beekeeping, worm composting or other new areas of interest
5. Hardscape projects, dead tree removal
This weekend we'll be taking down a couple of dead trees before they do further damage. Since the weather has been holding at mild it's a great extended time to finish up projects before we get snow. Plus, removing a couple of trees means new places to plant more veggies. We are also beginning to plan our front yard landscaping project. Our front yard is currently rather dull and we're ready to tackle something big.
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds catalog along with our Burbee catalog which I'm pouring over this week. You can order a free catalog as well by visiting either company's link. Happy gardening!