It was only fitting that I create a gardening gift basket with all this talk of spring and preparation. Here is a preview of the basket and a listing of what's inside. Check back here soon and you'll have a chance to bid on this basket and so many other wonderful items to support a guide dog puppy sponsorship for Guide Dogs of America!
1. One pair of ladies gardening gloves in green polka dot
2. One Better Homes and Gardens cedar bird feeder
3. Three Burpee Heirloom seed packs (sweet pepper, lettuce and Dragon Tongue beans)
4. Two Windmill Farms Select packs of onion bulbs (Red Baron and Stuttgarter)
5. Four Bamboo 3.3" flower pots
6. One wooden handle small garden shovel
7. One wood handle large garden shovel
8. One cork surface protector for house plants or garden starts
9. 3 Pack of peat moss starter trays (12 cells)
10. One package of garden tie tape
11. One pack of Jobe's Organics fertilizer spikes for vegetables
12. One pack of Jobe's fertilizer spikes for tomatoes
13. One pack of Jobe's fertilizer spikes for roses
14. A large basket for collecting all of your fresh garden veggies
15. A set of three antique silverplate garden marker spoons (example shown). At the end of the auction you may select three plant or herb names and I will custom metal stamp a set of three different and unique spoons with your chosen words. Or, if no specific names are chosen I will send you Basil, Thyme and Cilantro.
As many of my readers know it's almost our guide dog puppy's turn in day. In fact, one week from today we'll be saying a fond farewell to our Moxie. We will continue to be involved with Guide Dogs of America and hope to raise a third puppy soon.